What are Dental Implants?
Dental Implants are the best and safest way to restore missing teeth
They consist of 2 parts:
The Implant (Post)
The post is made of titanium and the Doctor place it at the lower or upper jaw.
Crowns are made of porcelain and it is shaped like the negihboring teeth in shape and colour
What is the Idea behind denal implant?
1) The patient make 3D X-ray (Cone Beam CT)
2) The Doctor Examin the length and thickness of the jaw bone for the placment of the Implant
3) If it is not sufficient, Bone rehabilitation is needed befor the implant.
4) If it is enough we can place the Dental Implant immediatly
5) The Dental Implant is left in the jaw for a period of 3-6 months in this time the bone form around the implant, this proccess is called (osseointegration)
6) After this period , a Crown is fabricated by the Doctor.
Steps of Dental Implants.
Implant placment in the jaw bone of the patient.
Bone forming around the implant (illustration) (osseointegration).
Important information about Dental Implants
1) Dental Implants is the best way to restore a mission tooth, because it maintain the length and thickness of the jaw bone, and the Dental Implant act like a natural root for the crown.
2) Dental Implants is the most Researched topic in dentistry , the success rate of the Implants is 98%!!
3) The most advanced way to place a Dental Implant is by a computer software (Computer Aided Dental Implantology) the software determine the best place to place the Implant by measuring the length and thickness of the bone from the 3D X-ray and
What should you do as a patient?
1) You have the know that Dental Implants is a very easy procedure, that only need 15 mins to complete, and you shouldn’t be worried about it.
2) You have to tell the Doctor about the following:
(Fasting 80-100 mg/dl).
(1-2 Hourse after a mean, Less than 180 mg/dl).
- Medications that you take regurarly.
- Blood Pressure.
- Blood Disorder.
What are you going to feel after Dental Implant placment?
1) You may feel slight pain during the first 12 hours , and we advice you to take painkillers during this time.
2) You can go to your work immediatly the next day after Implant placement.
3) Avoid eating hard food at the sight of the Implant espicially during the first month of the osseointegration period.
4) After the osseointegration period and after crown fabrication, you can eat whatever you like.
5) We advice you to visit the doctor once per year for X-Ray to check on the Implant.