What Is Orthodontic Treatment?
Orthodontic treatment is the art of strightening crooked, crowded, or wrongly positioned teeth.
It is most commonly used in children at the age of 13-18 years old , or adults of age 20-30 years old. additionally, it can be done at any age.
What Are The Types Of Orthodontic Treatments?
There are 4 types:
1) Metal Braces > this is the most common type of orthodontic treatment, that use braces and metal wires to straighten the teeth.
2) Ceramic Braces > the same as the metal braces but the braces are made of white ceramic so it appears clear and more cosmetic.
3) Lingual (inside) Braces > uses metal braces and wire, but at the inside of the teeth to try and hide it for a more cosmetic appearance.
4) Clear Aligners > the latest and most advanced technology in orthodontic treatment, it dont need braces or wires, and it is completely transparent.
Clear Aligners (invisalign) Vs Braces?
Advantages of clear aligners over braces:
1) They are extremely easy to make at the dental clinic.
2) There are no braces that keep on falling off, or wires that keep hurting the gums and cheek of the patient.
3) They are transparent so you don’t have to worry about the cosmetic appearance during working or meetings.
1) they are not suitable for all cases.
2) they are more expensive then the normal braces, but cheaper then the ceramic braces.